Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 1, 2010

The Contestant

This is an important day for me.  No, not the day after Diabetic Shock Day (appropriately called the Day of the Dead).  It is the deadline for the CBC Literary Awards.  And I may actually avoid writing and rewriting another story to send into the void

Yes, I have stopped doing a lot of things that have caused me harm, and literary contests where I have to pay for the privilege of being rejected and then read all the other so-called better writers in magazines and journals that I am now subscribed to because of my entry fee is a long and damaging relationship that I can do without.  I still write - cannot give up the vice now - but I want to be caught out as an unacknowledged talent who made it past the slush pile of an editor's desk.

So, time to do some serious rethinking about who I want to write for and how I want to be recognized.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: