Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sucking in the Summer



Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city


Ah, the Lovin' Spoonful... A lot of truth in that song, except for one part that is much on my mind tonight.

But at night it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come-on come-on and dance all night
Despite the heat it'll be alright 


I so wish this was true.  I just came back from a free outdoor show of modern dance and ended up walking to my place very near the stage all on my lonesome.  And this laptop just beckoned...

Should I be annoyed?  Well, I am sure that I have lost at least one "friend" (ahem) because of my inability to get out of a world-record rut of not dating or even meeting someone that I would like to date.  I am no hermit - too many festivals, movies, and concerts under my belt this summer for that too be true (Black Keys at Bell Centre in Montreal last night was amazing) - and I try to make myself open to the possibility of having a lady actually speak to me first (has to be that way in a city where bilingualism is encouraged but has not yet infected my tongue).  

Maybe I do need a new place.  Or a new life.  Any thoughts? 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: