Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ahem...and Amen

International Association of Science and Techn...Image via Wikipedia
I can see how things work out for me.

I did speak to the woman I mentioned in the last blog.  Last Saturday was a free day for both of us, so I called her on a cellphone from a cafe in the middle of the snow and cold.  It was a nice chat, and she sounded friendly enough, but I can see now how it will end up. 

Cynical?  Me?  Sure, like any of the friends I have who think that they have wasted their time with chasing dreams and other people's ideas of success.  But that is not the issue this time...

I should mention one key thing: religion.  For the second time, she has sent me messages asking about my feelings in relation to that issue.  And now I await her response to my very honest reply.  I said that I am Canadian, meaning that I think of that issue only when I have to, which means very rarely.  I said that I worshipped art, literature, good food, life, having a body and being able to explore the world I know. 

I think that I have said too much, but I cannot change who I am for anyone (tried that once - long story for another blog).

Just waiting on her response now.  I will keep posting the pain.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: