Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thou Shalt Not Condom...


I should say that this is a good sign.  The Pope, meaning the Catholic Church, has decided that there are cases where condoms are useful.  Not for anything fun, of course.  Only in special cases, like blocking the transmission of disease and other cases. 

So, I guess the Church is growing up.  I guess I should be happy that they have accepted a certain piece of technology that many Catholics now accept anyway.  I guess that this makes things all right.  Right?

Forget it.

I did not think that I could hold this particular Pope in contempt any deeper than the contempt I have now.  I never thought that the Catholic Church could be even more pathetic.  How many lives have been ruined because the Church held to primitive beliefs about reproduction and sexuality? How many people died because of the transmission of diseases that took their lives?  How can anyone in the Vatican look at themselves in the mirror without feeling shame?

It is too little far too late...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: