Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Broken Hearts and Disciplined Souls



Okay, a long gap between things...

Ghana, you broke my heart.  You had a penalty kick in the last moments of that match with Uruguay and the crossbar got in the way.  I have calmed down a bit about this, but I don't see why Brazil should be out and this also-ran team should be in.  But, of course, nothing about this World Cup has made any sense.

Except the following: Germany destroyed Argentina.  I know that there are quite a few broken hearts in this town over this, but I cannot share that misery.  I saw the game and one of the most disciplined teams in the tournament showed how the game should be played.  The other team relied on one player who has not scored when his teammates need a lift (earning that pay cheque, are you) and a coach who really, really wanted to run on the pitch and show them how its done (think that suit got to him - a circa 1986 power suit that did him no favours).  So sweet...

I am still going for the Orangemen in this one.  It will probably be them and the Germans in the final.

No comments: