Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

How far I have fallen...



Exhausted?  Check.
Overworked? Check.
Missed another opportunity to enjoy my birthday?  Absolutely...check!

I should not be so cynical about the last few weeks.  My birthday passed on the 25th of September and I got the expected cards and some gifts from friends and relatives. The night was a no-go because the friend I planned to spend it with got strep throat and could not make it.  My lectures are getting easier (even without having a planner or textbook for kids who would rather surf the web than write a paper or listen to my advice).  And then there is this: I joined a dating web site.  I never thought I would, but when I read about this one, I had to join.  Alikewise is based on the idea that you can date and find your true love based on their reading habits.  I had always suspected this to be true but did not know how to work with this principle.
I realized that my roommates were doing better than me, and they had jobs where they moved furniture and worked the cash register for customers buying flower pots and garden hoses.  So sad...


Wish me luck!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: