Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 20, 2010

The River of Hair (poem)

I wrote this a while back and forgot about it.   There was a lot of positive response to this, especially from women (always important to a male poet), and it is unfortunate that it cannot be put on this screen the way I wrote it :



The river of hair

behind the precious stone

of skin and warmth

I feel strength there

like that short space I touch

in an embrace

the curve, the mystic curve



There is a private set

of mathematics pulses below

some peak in a glance

just in the subtlety of

bone sense breathing

energy and now light

waiting in you



I could let myself

swim through this, coming through

the depth into some air

that we are sharing in a

closeness space

intents in what we are

still perceiving

an image of my hands in

space warmth and the

last touch of the you in me



No comments: