Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Too Much, Too Little, Too What...?

Is there such a thing as too much and too little of the same thing at the same time?  I have become a World Cup junkie over the last week and a half, and I cannot even claim that I have a team in the tournament.  This may be a good thing.  I just read a piece in Macleans on Canada's special status on being on the outside and inside of things while the teams kick each other out of play.



But I still wonder... That roommate of mine, the one from France, won't even talk about what happened to his team (he was right - their coach was and continues to be an asshole surrounded by a bunch of spoiled idiots).  I tried not to mention South Africa sticking it to them with their one win of the entire tournament (pretty bad for a host nation) and could not contain myself.  There are no other African nations left for the Group of 16, but it was good to see at least one big win like this.

I think the heat is getting to me.  And the endless rounds of play.  And the early morning matches.  And the general fesitivalitis that settles on anyone living in Montréal during the summer.  I truly envy the ones who care nothing for this tournament (they much have such stable lives and get plenty of sleep). 

But I am still watching... 

No comments: